4.05.2009

The cardigan whose color was impossible to photograph....



























It is actually more of a bluish purple. I tried to adjust it in I-Photo but without success. I got frustrated at one point and started turning the photos into black and white.

A cropped cardigan was my inspiration. From there, I designed this A-line, cable-yoke cardigan.

Using a soft, chunky yarn, I knitted the fronts and back on one cable needle so that the shaping would match in all the pieces.

I played with the cables a little. I wound some of them tight at the bottom and loose at the top. I think I was spinning some fiber about the time I was knitting this cardigan, and that influenced my thinking when I saw the twist of the cables.

Making sure the cable panel ended below my bustline near my waistline, I had the A-line start there.

There are some flaws in it. For example, I know to increase stitches before knitting cables and then decrease stitches when transitioning back to stockinette. I forgot to decrease the stitches after the cable panel, and so I ended up with puckers in the fabric. Urg.

The wood toggle buttons have the color of the yarn running through them, so they match better than what the photos show.

It was meant to be an around-the-house cardigan, but I have ventured out into public wearing it - to a yarn store full of knitters, no less. I don't know if I was being brave or lazy.

1 Comments:

At 4/06/2009 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

I really love your sweater. It is even better knowing the color is purpleish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home