2.22.2009

The YarnGeek helped me cross over to the "dark side" ...


When I mentioned I wanted to crochet a hat like my daughter's friend crocheted for her, the YarnGeek generously offered to meet with me at our LYS. This is serious fun. I have wanted to build my crocheting skills for a while now, and she gave me the boost I needed.


I am spinning Gulf Coast wool. Gulf Coast is one of the oldest breeds of sheep in North America. The brown and orange are Gulf Coast wool and the maroon is a mohair blend, all from Running Moon Farm. (colors are a little washed out due to the flash - it is a dark day here)

Spinning, crocheting, knitting... too bad I need to work.

2 Comments:

At 2/22/2009 , Blogger Chelsea the Yarngeek said...

It's looking great and you're a quick study! Soon you'll have a finished hat to show.

 
At 2/24/2009 , Blogger Bea said...

Welcome to the dark side. I love crochet! It is a shame about that work thing...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home