2.17.2009


I finished my fingerless mitts in time to wear them Saturday evening when I visited my daughter at her college. I saw these same colors in the sky during the 4-1/2 hour drive. It was beautiful. These mitts will be a nice reminder.

Yarn: Hand spun; Navajo ply merino for the cuff, and 2 ply from merino and kid mohair (each spun separately) for the hand.
Needles: US 5 for the cuff and US 7 for the hand.
Pattern: my own - simple 2 x 2 rib fingerless mitts with a gusset for the thumb.

I plan to study a little more about spinning for socks. I liked the Navajo ply but I wonder if it would be good for socks. Anyway, I have some exploring to do.

2 Comments:

At 2/18/2009 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Oh, such a pretty blue!

 
At 2/18/2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been told that 3 ply works good for socks as it makes the yarn sort of circular, where as it's a little flat if you do 2 ply or navjao.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home