2.20.2009

I have been looking forward to this for almost a year.
I began corresponding with Margrett at Running Moon Farm about a year ago after I saw one of their handcrafted lazy kates.

I like tools that have both form and function, and I prefer to buy something that I will keep and use for many years.

This is my lazy kate crafted from cherry wood. It is such a beautiful red color.

Here is an inside look showing the features...
Tensioning for the bobbins, and one of the pegs is an orifice hook for the wheel.

It was such a pleasure to correspond with Margrett.

You can see that she also sent me a bag of fiber with my kate. The fiber is Gulf Coast and Mohair. I look forward to spinning with it!


My bobbins have a home

1 Comments:

At 2/20/2009 , Blogger Chelsea the Yarngeek said...

I love it, it's just beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home