3.08.2009

I find pleasure in simple things.

  • My first teapot.
  • A steaming pot of refreshing mint tea.
  • The beginnings of a sock using the knit-1-below technique in lovely colors that I found in my stash.


***

I had several failed attempts at getting a self-portrait with my crocheted hat.


I finally settled for this.....

My first crochet project. A simple hat with a brim in the front that gives it just the right flare. The yarn is Berroco Keltic. My mother had a Pendleton car jacket that had similar colors in the plaid fabric. I adopted that jacket when I was about 12 (after she stopped wearing it). It was my favorite.

In the background is my "Encore Encore" blanket that is gradually growing. I am having fun combining the colors. It is being knit from leftover Encore yarn. The Encore yarn is getting an encore, hence the "Encore Encore" blanket.

2 Comments:

At 3/09/2009 , Blogger Chelsea the Yarngeek said...

Love your teapot! I scored a free one at the Abundance Swap at work a few weeks ago. They're wonderful to have on hand for daily tea. Your hat turned out awesome and I'm loving your Encore blanket. I can't wait to see it in person!

 
At 3/10/2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Encore!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home