2.27.2009

This was sent to me in an email from a friend, and I thought I'd share it.

When I think of the job situation in this country I can't help but think this would help in some small way...

This past weekend I was shopping. I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled "Everyday Value". I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand, but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in Mexico and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA. So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here - from a company in Cleveland, OHIO! So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep you guessed it Bounce was more money and made in Canada, the Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

So my challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Besides, you might save a little money in the process.

Help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here.

I am not against buying products from other countries, but I think we need to be mindful of purchasing products made locally and food grown locally. With gas prices being volatile (no pun intended), the cost of shipping increasing rapidly, rising unemployment rate, and inflation on the horizon, lets increase our support for our local economies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home