8.19.2007

Still suffering from startitis


I have been slow to catch the clap. It is such a popular pattern and I am beginning to see why.
Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: Mountain Colors, sport/DK weight (I don't have the label)
Needle: Size US 8.
Modifications: I am purling the stitch between the Ktbl's instead of using stitch markers.

Pattern: Handpainted Gloves
Yarn: Lorna's Laces
Needle: Size US 3
Modifications: I have heard the glove tends to run small , so I cast on 80 instead of 64.

The clapotis is my fun, easy knit. I like the colors running through my fingers and it progresses quickly. The Handpainted Gloves tickle my brain forcing me to think and try new things.

The Rogue sweater is still on the needles. I am currently working on the hood. It is a project that requires my full attention and so I can only knit on it when I have a block of time - rather rare. It is progressing, though. Unfortunately, I will probably miss my deadline of finishing it before my daughter goes back to school next Saturday. (Especially since this was supposed to be a day off - a day I had hoped to work on it - and I am having to work. ) Oh well. I will just have to set a new deadline so that I push myself to finish it. I seem to need deadlines on my sweater projects so they don't drag on.

1 Comments:

At 9/03/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

The colors you chose for your clapotis are beautiful!!! The gloves are going to be amazing too! I can't wait to see your finished Rogue :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home