7.24.2007

Rogue and the wonky stitch

I have reached the armholes and started knitting back and forth on the back of the sweater. I noticed a wonky stitch about 20 rows back, and for the next several rows tried to tell myself I could live with it - NOT. So I dropped back to it. It ended up being a dropped stitch somehow attached to its big loopy neighbor. You can see the wonky stitch at the bottom of that vertical drop.




(The camera was too tired to focus twice.) I don't know if it is visible in this blurry photo, but now I have a vertical row of tight stitches. The fix may be worse than the wonky stitch. I am going to continue on and close my eyes to it. I will pretend it is not there. I do not see it. *sigh*

Wasn't it Elizabeth Zimmerman who talked about how these kinds of things eventually even out with wear and washing? That is my hope, that with blocking and wearing it will even out a little more.

Okay, no more whining. Onward!

8 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 , Blogger susan said...

I've found that my knitting gives and evens itself up, even with slight ladders when doing socks on dpns. I don't think it will be noticeable once you've finished and it's been washed.

 
At 7/25/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

....patience enhancing, character building WONKY stitch......

Now...you're a better knitter.

 
At 7/26/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh I hate wonky stitches! Hopefully it will work itself out in the wash, like you said. Just keep going - it's too late to turn back now!
God bless :)

 
At 7/27/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

Blocking fixes all wonky stitches I think. Love how you just went down and picked it up.

 
At 7/27/2007 , Blogger Spincerely said...

I love the word wonky!!!

 
At 7/29/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

It'll even out, but as the knitter, you will always be able to see it. :(

 
At 8/11/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

I think blocking will do the trick.

 
At 7/06/2012 , Anonymous The Wonky Stitch said...

I AM The Wonky Stitch for real - its the name of my shop and I am on facebook so remember not all wonky stitches are bad ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home