7.15.2007

Wooly Sunday

I am having fun with this OnLine sock yarn. The colors remind me of Pendleton Wool shirts and jackets from my childhood. I found a stitch pattern that gives it a bit of a woven look.


The Woolies going for a bath. I am a little behind on washing the woolies and storing them properly. I made this picture my desktop background image.

The mosaic is going so s-s-l-o-o-o-w. I wanted to have it done by now, but I lost some of my confidence and now I am dragging. Fortunately, I was able to locate some Shetland DK weight yarn for securing the rest of the steeks. It may have to step aside for a project that is on a time schedule....


The Rogue hoodie is for my daughter. She leaves for college the end of August. I will have to work fast and furious to get this done in time. Ready, set, swatch!

4 Comments:

At 7/15/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Rogue sweater is one of my favorite things I've knit so far. Love it. You're daughter is a very lucky girl!!

I also love the OnLine sock yarn! Great stuff.

 
At 7/16/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

I haven't tried the OnLine sock yarn yet but I want to after reading your post. I miss the cool fall mornings when we could wear our Pendleton shirts. Funny how such a mountain outdoors look could be such a fashion craze here in the 60's from the surfers using them to protect themselves from the cold breeze in the morning hours. Then in the late 70's the Hispanics took them as almost a uniform of sorts. Usually in browns and greys though. I think i'm going to pick up one late in the summer for my fall mornings as a way to reach back and touch my youth.

The Mosaic looks fabulous. Is that the Eunny Jang sweater? Can't wait to see it finished.

Looks like pressure knitting is comming to the Punkin house.

 
At 7/16/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Oh rouge is so cool! I would like to make one, but you know. Who has the time?

 
At 7/19/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

My Rogue pattern is gathering dust somewhere...I'm sure you will inspire me to knit it soon! That mosaic is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home