6.18.2007

Queen of the sofa

I am queen of the sofa this week! I have the sofa all to myself. Mwa ha ha.

Last night while I was picking up and getting ready for bed I saw my knitting nest strewn across the sofa where I had been knitting for the last couple of hours and it occurred to me ... I could leave it there for the next day if I wanted to. I did not have to pick it up and put it away. Such freedom. Such power. But of course I would feel better if I straightened up.

I sat down on the sofa at about 8 p.m. and started hand winding balls of yarn on my nostepinne, and a few minutes later I looked up and it was 11 p.m. I felt like a kid playing outside on a summer evening and being told it is time to stop and go to bed.

This is what I started - the Binsenkorbchen socks, the January sock from Socken-Kreativ-Liste yahoo group. I am using Claudia Hand Painted Yarn 'blue sky' for the light color and KnitPicks Memories 'fly fishing' for the darker color.



The lace shawl is off the needles and ready to be blocked and have the ends woven in. I am waiting until I can go to the hardware store to buy some soldering wire to use as blocking wires.

The weather is practicing putting on its hot so it will be ready for a roasting July. When I was growing up here, June was usually a cool and often cloudy month. I never thought I would miss that, but now I do.

5 Comments:

At 6/18/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

I love those socks! (I also love being Queen of the Sofa!)

 
At 6/19/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.....your lace shawl is just beautiful, beautiful,beautiful. I think you have now just inspired me to learn lace knitting! First socks....now this!

 
At 6/19/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

Do you have a ball winder? or do you just enjoy the manual winding? Becareful of the wire that you buy at the hardware store and that it doesn't have oxidation on it. This would ruin your beautiful lace. Becareful of the wire materials so you don't get a reaction from the water when you block it. The socks are going to be amazing. We love to see the projects you are working on because they always insprire us to take the next step.

 
At 6/19/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Oh, what a great thing to have the sofa to one's self. Will I ever know such pleasure?

 
At 6/20/2007 , Blogger susan said...

My sofa often looks like that as I'm home alone during the day :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home