5.23.2007

I have waited six months for this

This deserves drama, so play along with me .

This arrived today....


peek...
Yippee!


I have waited six months for this yarn:

Sock Hop Yarn from Crown Mountain Farms
Superwash Merino sock yarn
Colorway: My Boyfriend's Back
Approximately 200 yards


The long version: Last fall I saw Wendy knitting socks from this yarn and the vision of it smacked me upside the head. It was what I had been looking for but did not know it until then - know what I mean? I immediately followed the link with every intention of finding a spot in my budget to purchase this yarn, but found that when they posted the sock yarn it sold out within an hour. So I put my name on their e-mail list and have been patiently waiting ever since. Last Saturday they posted sock yarn for sale and I grabbed 2 hanks. I want to study the play of color, maybe enjoy holding it in my hand a while, and then knit something special. This is a special treat. Hee hee.

4 Comments:

At 5/24/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

I love getting yarn goodies in the mail. We learned the hard way to just buy the yarn if we like it because we will kick ourselves for a long time until we can find it again. Not like we plan to use it right away but the happy thought that we can. Besides it's a nice feeling to look on the shelf and see it all happy and ready to become something at our whim. I love the name of the yarn too. I immediatly started singing the song in my head. You deserve a special treat too!

 
At 5/24/2007 , Blogger susan said...

Oh beautiful yarn.

enjoy

 
At 5/25/2007 , Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

"know what I mean?" I so do!! i also saw it ( i think cara's blog) and knew i had to have it, and waited.
so glad I did!!!
:-)

 
At 5/26/2007 , Blogger Lynn said...

"my boyfriend's back". Honey, if your boyfriend's back is that color, he's been out in the sun too long, LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. *Gorgeous* yarn!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home