5.31.2007

End of May WIP roundup

Time to get the works in progress together so that I can update my plan of attack.

The lace shawl. It sits next to me on my desk. I am on the last row of the pattern and will be starting the edge. I can see that I will run out of yarn soon. I gave Little Knits a call today and fortunately she has the same dye lot, so that has been ordered.


The mosaic zip-front cardigan. Slow but sure.
I have barely started the second toeless sock (aka Why Bother sock). I wanted to have that finished by now. I feel the interest waning.

The Seamless Hybrid...

A journey into garter stitch mitered squares - an afghan for my son. I want to like this more than I do. The colors did not come across very well in the picture - dark brown, orange, burnt orange, dark green. I plan to gradually change to lighter colors as I knit across the afghan. I wanted to knit it with uneven, mismatched stripes, but I know my son would prefer nice even stripes in the squares. For me, that is like wearing a shoe that is too tight, but I keep reminding myself that I am knitting this for him, not for me. I don't know if I am strong enough.

There are 3 or 4 projects I am anxious to start, so I am motivated to get some of these WIPs off the needles. I hear the crack of the WIP, er I mean whip. (sorry, couldn't resist)

2 Comments:

At 5/31/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock Punkin......Look at ALL your beautiful creativity! And such patience!
Started sock #2...already on gusset....no problems yet. See you Saturday!

 
At 6/01/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

I really should take a photo of all my WIPs at the moment, but who has that kind of time? I love the mosaic sweater.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home