8.05.2007

Noro Scarf

My daughter was kind enough to model my Noro scarf.....



Pattern: Simple 1x1 rib, alternating colorways every 2 rows. I have seen this in several places on the internet but probably one of the more well known examples is here.
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, 4 balls in 3 different colorways (so 2 balls are the same).
Needles: Lantern Moon straights size US 7.

The Noro yarn does all the work. I am unable to capture a photo that really does justice to the richness of the colors and how beautifully they play off each other.

It is definitely a fun knit.

6 Comments:

At 8/05/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

The Silk Garden yarns are the perfect yarn for that scarf. I hope you had her model the scarf in the early morning so she wasn't too hot. Will she keep the scarf or are you keeping this FO for yourself? Did you use the LM straights because you have something on the circs or do you use the straights on projects like this? Not being nosey, just currious. I know what you mean though about capturing the color and richness of Noro yarn.

 
At 8/06/2007 , Blogger Goce said...

Ilike it! Grat scarf!

 
At 8/06/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I love these Noro scarves, but I just can bear the thought of that much 1x1 ribbing. I will admire yours from afar!

 
At 8/06/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant "can't", not "can".

 
At 8/09/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

I love Noro. It makes even the simplest patterns looks extra special. Personally, I love the simple patterns in great yarns.

 
At 8/11/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Beautiful scarf; such lovely color combos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home