2.07.2008

The Wheel landed

Cue the theme music for Space Odyssey
(Duhhh.... Duhhhh..... Duhhhhhhhhhh..... Duh-Duh...Boom Boom Boom .....)

The space pod arrived late yesterday afternoon .....
I opened the blast shield doors exposing the cabin door. The Wheel was peeking out at me....
The cabin door was opened revealing the Wheel bearing a gift......
Pansy used her superior communication skills to establish mutual good will....
To make the Wheel feel at home, I introduced Wheel to Chair and took a picture of Wheel sitting in Chair...
This is the warm, homey picture of Wheel adjusting to its new home...
This was the gift that Wheel brought. A bag of BFL with a note on it that says, "Be prepared to receive something special with no strings attached". Mr. T got this fortune at dinner the night before this wheel was gifted to him and he sent this to me. I want to attach it somewhere on the wheel.
(couldn't get the camera to focus)
How does a person say 'thank you' big enough? Mr. and Mrs. T made a dream come true. This is huge for me.

7 Comments:

At 2/08/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

 
At 2/08/2008 , Blogger susan said...

Oh lovely!!!!!

 
At 2/08/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

I vote for decoupage. Do they still make Mod Podge? Or you could dilute a little white glue with water and hit the wheel with a bit of spray lacquer when it's dry. I just read a blog where the woman used diluted white glue and white tissue paper to add a little privacy to a French door that closed off her bathroom. Here's the link: http://maydecemberhome.blogspot.com/2008/02/privacy-not-perfection.html

 
At 2/08/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

Gack! I see that the link got truncated. I'll email it to you.

 
At 2/09/2008 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

I am pea green with envy. Of course, I wouldn't have the time to learn now. Like so many things, learning to spin is on hold until I get my teaching license. A year from now and I will have a life again.

Have fun.

 
At 2/12/2008 , Blogger AR said...

Wow! Lovely wheel. Have fun!

 
At 2/20/2008 , Blogger Ronni said...

Lovely. I'm sure that your happiness is a good reward for them. You clearly are very grateful and pleased. That makes the giver feel good.

You can always spin up the bfl and make them matching mitts or something simple like that as a thank you gift. I bet they'd love that.

ps. Thanks for the visits and the comments. I'm a bit behind on my replies to those.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home