1.10.2008

Regia K.F. socks


My first time using Regia sock yarn. I really like the fabric it makes. It feels durable. Although it is not soft like merino, it is also not scratchy. Once I put these on I did not want to take them off again.

Details:
Yarn: Regia sock yarn, Design Line by Kaffe Fassett
Needle: 2 mm circular, magic loop method
Pattern: My own. Knit from the top down. A picot edge at the top, stockinette stitch, and slip-stitch heel flap.


I wound my Posh yarn last night. The colors are perfect and the yarn makes me happy. Celadon Pool generously sent me this lovely yarn all the way from the U.K.

I have this weird thing in my head where I get very excited about a special yarn but I won't knit with it because I am afraid my project won't be worthy of the yarn. When I was little and I received something nice, I would always try to make it last as long as possible. Sometimes it backfired. The nice thing wouldn't last for one reason or another and then I lost the full enjoyment of it. So I am going to knit with this and enjoy it thoroughly.

****
The 3 dogs staying warm and enjoying their woobies. Actually, the middle one is a dog-wannabe. I have been trying to get a picture of them doing this for a while now but Sparky (the one on the right) gets up whenever he sees the camera.

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

I'm glad you're going to cast on the Posh yarn. It's hard to go back to the non luxury yarn when you finish. Think in positive terms here. Knit the socks in the pattern that fits the yarn and you can always rip it back and change pattern if you don't like it. I know that you will make a just the right choice and the socks will be stunning.

The Dogs are so cute. I love how the wannabe is sandwiched in the middle.

 
At 1/21/2008 , Blogger Jackie said...

I love to knit sock, and trying to knit as many as i wanted.

Tks for sharing your socks. a very beautiful pair. Nice yarn too.

Hi doggies.

 
At 1/22/2008 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Beautiful socks! I like Regia yarn too. What a cute pic of your your pets!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home