12.13.2007

Going Cluckers

Socks that Rock Cluckers, that is. Sway Knits had a contest/drawing and I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of this prize....


This is my first Socks that Rock from Blue Moon and I am very excited to knit with this. Thank you Sway Knits for this generous prize!

My Twisted Mitts keep asking for a little embroidery or embellishment every time I put them on, so I forced myself to try.

(These pictures look like different objects, but it is the same one in the same lighting. The camera was having 'tude. If a camera is almost 8 years old in our time, how many years is that in camera age?)

First attempt...
Nope. This kept giving me visions of an illustration from a Dr. Seuss book. I was going to add more, but I decided to stop and try again.

Second attempt.....
Nope. Too heavy. I had envisioned something like dogwood or a vine with berries. When I tried splitting the tapestery wool further, it began to pull apart when I put tension on it. I even thought of tiny buttons in a little design but I think they would catch on things. I am trying to convince myself to leave these as they are - the yarn is certainly pretty enough to hold its own.

I am finishing the caps on the sleeves of the Rogue hoodie. Then, seaming the sleeves and sewing them into the armholes, and it will be a pullover for my daughter.

2 Comments:

At 12/18/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

I can't wait for your comments on how the STR knits up.

 
At 12/19/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Nice STR! I try to do embroidery on my knits sometimes, but it never looks the way I want it... I've had the best luck with beads, so I think I'll stick to that. Can't wait to see the finished Rogue!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home