1.11.2008

Gretel in action


Great pattern, Ysolda.

Details
Yarn: Fleece Artist Kid Silk 2-Ply. It has several subtle colors: off white, gold, blue, green. Like something that is iridescent.
Needles: 4 mm for ribbing and 4.5 mm for hat body. I used magic loop method until the very last few rows when I switched to dpns.
Pattern: There are 3 sizes in the pattern, and I did the "regular" size.

I learned the st. st. tubular caston for this hat and I really like it. I hope to eventually learn the other tubular castons. I plan to make matching fingerless mittens or maybe Chevalier mittens.

8 Comments:

At 1/12/2008 , Blogger Tonni said...

Your hat is soooo pretty! I'll have to mark this pattern as a "to do".

Love the pic of the "three dogs" :)

 
At 1/12/2008 , Blogger susan said...

Love this hat. I've finally finished my scarf that I've been doing since before christmas!

 
At 1/12/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful hat/beret. Today at the yarnshop, were talking about tubulair cast on.

I love hearing and learning about new techniques.

Thanks!
Nancy

 
At 1/15/2008 , Blogger susan said...

I've something for you at my blog.

 
At 1/15/2008 , Blogger fluffbuff said...

That's a great beret. Isolda does have beautiful patterns.

 
At 1/18/2008 , Blogger Sway Knits said...

Ooh, pretty beret! Dang it, you're making me want more hats! :-)

 
At 1/22/2008 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Wow, your Gretel looks amazing! I love that cast-on; it comes in handy and looks so neat :)

 
At 1/24/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat! I knit Ysolda's Urchin hat and love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home