2.03.2008

Knitting retreat at historic lighthouse


I just got back from the Oregon Coast. I attended a knitting retreat at the Heceta Lighthouse B&B, which is the beautiful historic lighthouse keeper's house (it is the large white building on the right side of the picture). Instead of staying at the B&B, I stayed at the vacation home owned by a friend on the beachfront in Yachats not far from the Heceta Head Lighthouse. I started my Sea Wool socks while sitting in the historic lighthouse keeper's home enjoying the view of the coastline (and thinking of Mr. & Mrs. T knitting at the warm beach in Southern California). I started my Pi Shawl afghan using Icelandic wool while sitting in the vacation home at Yachats gazing out at the ocean waves. It was a beautiful Oregon Coast weekend complete with rain, wind, spots of sun, and invigorating fresh cool air ( I may have hopped, skipped, and jumped a little). Most of all, it was a great weekend because of the people with whom I spent time knitting and talking.

3 Comments:

At 2/04/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

Jealous = me. Though I did get a fair bit of knitting done this weekend, myself. [Just not in such snazzy surroundings.] Glad you had a great time!

 
At 2/04/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

Wow, that looks like a setting befitting a novel. So glad you had a wonderful weekend.

 
At 2/05/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to visit you from Knit Together. Love your tubies. How much yarn did it take for those tu . . . too . . . two?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home