3.04.2007

Taking stock

I am taking stock of my projects to see what I might want to play with for a couple of hours.


The mittens are still drying. They are outside frolicking in the 60 degree weather. I am leaving the cotton waste yarn in until I am ready to pick up stitches - probably after I do the needle felting and embroidery.

This poor sweater has been neglected for a few weeks. I finally pulled it out of the yarn bowl and started working on it again. I think that settling for my second choice in colors took a little steam out of my motivation, but I am going to see it through to completion and will be glad to have it.
This was my knitting nest at about midnight last night. I worked until midnight (home business), then I put Five Mile Creek in the vhs, and I began to unzip the provisional cast on of the hem facing on the EZ seamless hybrid sweater. You can see the little coil of red cotton yarn that I used as the waste yarn.

Provisional cast on unzipped, stitches picked up, and the 3-needle thingy was done. I had a couple of concerns and questions about it, like why does one only cast on 90% of the stitches for the hem facing and then increase for the body, but I decided to just jump in and keep moving forward .

There is still a sunroof for my toes in the 'First Born' socks. Maybe if I stare at them long enough they will scab over and heal themselves. Or maybe not.

I have been playing with mosaic knitting on a new pair of socks. Fun.

Yarn for house socks. I have not used worsted weight wool for socks before. I plan to knit this with smaller needles (maybe US 4 or 5) to get a dense sock. I am tired of having cold feet when I am transcribing for long hours at my desk.

Okay, now to pick something. I had wanted to work on the mittens today but they are still damp. Maybe I can begin sketching designs for the embellisment. The mosaic socks are good for snatches of time during the week, so they can wait. I do not want to start a new pair of socks today, so the yarn can go in the knitting nest. I guess I will balance the time between my mosaic sweater and my son's seamless hybrid. Yup. I have all the episodes of Five Mile Creek on vhs, so maybe I will pop one in and have at it. I dug these tapes out of the garage a couple of days ago and wonder why they were ever put in storage; I really enjoy them.

Jerry asked: "Are you using the Excel software to figure your mosaic pattern?"

Yes, I am using Excel. I started out with the pen and pencil drawings but migrated over to Excel. It is much easier to read and manipulate.

5 Comments:

At 3/04/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that my blog is down and I don't know for how long. So I've set up a new blog for the time being.

http://celadon2.wordpress.com

I've spent all night trying to put together links. I've found a few.

Dare not even try battling with blog ger at the moment.

So I'm still Mrs Anonymous.

Susan from Celadon Pool

 
At 3/04/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

All of your projects are so far along. Are you using the Excel software to figure your mosaic pattern?

 
At 3/04/2007 , Blogger Punkin said...

Hi Jerry,
Yes, I am using excel. I started out with the pen and pencil drawings but migrated over to excel. It is much easier to read and manipulate.

 
At 3/05/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs Anonymous, here again.

Well, I'm having to move to here

http://celadon2.wordpress.com/

as my host can not carry on looking after my sites.

Still not tackled blog ger!

Susan from Celadon Pool

 
At 3/06/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

eeewww, scaby socks! :)

Love the purple mosaic sweater.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home