2.25.2007

WIP Feb

This is the collar/scarf I was trying to design and was last pictured when it was blocking. It has been folded up in my knitting while I think on it. I was inspired by Brooklyntweed's scholar collar. I wanted to design something like a Miss Marple type collar - something I could wear inside my coat instead of wrapping around my neck. I like how this yarn looks with a chevron pattern stitch. I am not sure I am satisfied with my execution of the design that I had in my head. I also discovered that while trying this collar on under my jackets this yarn was uncomfortable on the back of my neck. So it is going back in the thinking pile.


Mitten project: stage 1 is done and they are ready to go into the washer for felting (fulling?).


I knitted these socks about a year ago - they were my first pair of handknit socks. I blew a toe today. Now I get to learn about the repair of handknit socks. I don't think this will be too hard to fix.


I started knitting the 'Avast' zippered sweater for my son and it did not feel write. I had trouble with guage, I did not like how the yarn looked with the pattern .... it just didn't feel right. So I asked him if I could knit the other sweater he liked instead and he agreed. The other sweater he likes is the seamless hybrid. I had shown him the one Brooklyntweed did last August. I am excited about doing this sweater because I have heard so many great things about it on Zimmermania. I hope to get started tonight.

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Your colar looks awsome! I wouldn't mind seeing a pattern on that. I love Miss Marple. :)

 
At 3/01/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

The scarf is very pretty. maybe it was the object you were wearing it under. Just love the color of the mittens

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home