2.04.2007

Silk juggle ball slouch hat finished

Instead of a Super Bowl Sunday, I had a Super Knit Sunday. Start with the Silk Juggle Ball and some leftover Lamb's Pride from the stash.

Unzipping the provisional cast on.


Folding the 1 x 1 rib in half lengthwise to form headband portion of the hat and do the 3-needle thing.
Ribbed portion done. Bring in the recycled silk.


I decided to alternate rows with the yarns. The Lamb's Pride gave a good foundation for the Silk's wild side.
What's on TV? Knitty Gritty and Monk.

I finished it! It desparately needs to be blocked but it fits (as much as a slouch-type hat is supposed to 'fit') and it is comfy to wear.


(I am not very good at the picture-in-the-mirror photography)

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

Oh sorry for the double post, are you mixing wooden and plastic needles? Or is it just my old eyes playing tricks on me?

 
At 2/06/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

I wish I could start a project and finish so quickly. And you do a wonderful picture in the mirror. I usually use the timer on the camera or take a cereal bowl inverted on a vase to simulate the head. I love how the camera is always directly in front of the model's face to obscure the smile generated by another finished object. Very pretty hat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home