1.24.2007

WIPs for January






I am playing with my favorite ball of Manos again. I am designing a little something that I hope to finish soon. I am having so much fun with this ball of yarn.

I have only one other WIP - the mosaic sweater from Big Girl Knits that I started last month. I knitted almost 20 rows and realized it was not working. The pattern has the MC and CC reversed at the bottom of the sweater in the garter stitch band, but the mosaic pattern is not showing well. So I am starting over using the same MC and CC as the body of the sweater. Hopefully that will fix it.

My son chose a sweater he likes from Knitty.com (Avast) and picked out yarn from KnitPicks, so as soon as I am done playing with the Manos I need to settle in and knit that for him. Then I will design another pair of socks for him - it is already rolling around in my head.

And somewhere in there I am going to knit myself a pair of socks. I have only 1 pair of wool socks - the pair that I learned on. My goal is to have several pair for myself, so I better get knitting.

I had the opportunity to go to Madrona this weekend and I had to pass it up. Being self employed means no paid days off and I could not afford to miss work (It is a 7 to 8 hour trip from here, so definitely a full weekend trip). Hmph. Maybe I can scrape some cash together and have my friend snag me Sock Hop yarn. That would be a treat.

4 Comments:

At 1/24/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks are like potato chips, you can't have just one pair. I have lost count of all the socks that I have made over the years. All the kids at school know that I NEVER wear store socks.

That sure is a pretty ball of yarn. Yarn is just so inspiering to look at, touch, sniff, hear. Okay, that last bit was just silly.

 
At 1/24/2007 , Blogger Monika said...

Your new project looks interesting and I love the yarn!
Thanks for your comment. I was just in total panic, because of Sam's bad luck. ;o)

 
At 1/25/2007 , Blogger Susan said...

That yarn is such a beautiful colour. Some of the yarns available in the US make us from the UK drool!

 
At 1/25/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to quote me! That is fun to say. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home