1.02.2007

A year in review

I like this community of knitting bloggers very much. I have enjoyed reading the knitterly New Year resolutions. The lists of finished projects for 2006 is truly amazing.

I am not one for New Year resolutions, and I do not really care to list my finished projects for last year. Someday, though, I would like to figure out how to do a grouping of pictures of the finished objects.

It was a year ago that I started to knit again after about 15 or 16 years. As I mentioned before, I learned to knit in a community education class on Icelandic sweaters taught by a lady who lived over there for a time. I can only imagine what went through the instructor's mind when I said it was my first knitting project, but she was gracious and did not deter me. It was seamless knitting in the round from the bottom up, adding in the sleeves while knitting the yoke. I made about 3 sweaters because I enjoyed it so much and then suddenly stopped. Looking back I think that was a season of my life that became very difficult, and life was pared down to the bare bones of existing. A year ago, between Christmas and New Years 2006, I asked my teenage son if he would learn to knit with me and we both knitted scarves (I had never done flat knitting). It was great fun and it has continued to grow. I found my LYS, became acquainted with the ladies there, and discovered knitting blogs. I am really thankful for the acquaintances I have made here in this online knitting community and I look forward to spending another year with you. The generosity with which you share your knitting and your knowledge is inspiring, and I love having a glimpse into your lives and the things that express who you are.

Happy New Year! God bless us.




I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year
'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.'
And he replied, 'Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God
That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way!'


"The Gate of the Year" Minnie Louise Haskins

2 Comments:

At 1/03/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful words and beautiful projects you have shared with us this year. I hope you keep up the blog and let us enjoy your future projects along with you.

Jerry

 
At 1/12/2007 , Blogger Fiberjoy said...

A milestone achieved. Keep looking ahead and up!

It's great that your teens are involved and enthusiatic about your knitting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home