2.01.2007

Silk juggle ball WIP


I stopped work at about 11 o'clock last night and then played with the Silk Juggle Ball until 1 o'clock this morning. Funny how I was falling-asleep tired sitting at my desk but as soon as I started knitting I felt focused and relaxed but not tired. I want a floppy beret or slouch hat. This attempt did not match my vision and so is being frogged. I now have a better idea about what will work and what won't. I have a ball of black Cascade 220 that I am thinking of adding to the silk. Double strand? Alternate rows? I don't know. I am starting to get some ideas trickling into my imagination, though. What about alternating the yarns in the 1x1 rib at the brim? mmmmm... no, too fussy. What about making the hat garter stitch so that one yarn is dominant? maybe.... How about double strading and using size 13 needles? maybe. The silk yarn was spun very tight and is a little stiff, so maybe the Cascade will fill in and soften it. I have to go back to work . For now I can daydream about my project. The manos project was finished last weekend and is waiting to be blocked. I hope it becomes the vision I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home