2.22.2007

Jaywalkers finished

Yeehaw. My Jaywalkers are done. I enjoyed knitting this pattern and I like the way it shows off the colors in the yarn. Please excuse the wonky homemade sock blocker.

Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina, Magknits.
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories 100% Merino in the Redwood Forest colorway.
Needles: AddiTurbos 3.0 mm and 2.5 mm; Knit Picks 2.5 mm. I knit both socks at the same time but on separate needles using magic loop.
Modifications: I knitted the cuff with 84 stitches and 3.0 mm needles so that it would not be too snug on my ankle that tends to swell (it was overkill; I would use the 2.5 mm needles on the cuff next time), and then switched to 2.5 mm needles after turning the heel to give that dense fabric that I like on the foot of a sock. I carried along the Schoeller Stahl while knitting the heel to strengthen the merino.




From 60+ degrees to snow in 3 or 4 days. The bush on the right is actually a small crape myrtle tree that is as tall as the house but is bent down from the weight of the snow. First thing this morning I knocked the snow off the tree and the bushes. Picture a middle age woman outside without a coat, standing under a tree, knocking the snow off with a broom, and getting covered with the snow in the process. Not pretty... entertaining for neighbors leaving for work...probably should not be allowed in decent neighborhoods. I like snow. When I lived in Bend, Oregon, I could step out my front door and put on my cross-country skis. I miss that.

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2007 , Blogger Lynda said...

Beatiful socks- of course, I'm biased, I made a pair of Jaywalkers from the exact same colorway!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home