2.11.2007

This and that



I have frogged the mosaic sweater and am starting over. When I ordered this yarn I expected there to be more contrast between the two. I don't mind a subtle pattern but I am concerned that the colors are too close for the pattern to show. I could wrap myself up in these colors, I like them so much. So today I will do swatching and compare this color combination with this combination ..... Contrast. The pattern will definitely show up. But will I like it? Swatches are the project for today.


Next up is this sweater from Knitty.com called Avast. This is the sweater my son picked out. I think it will look nice on him. He also picked out the color of yarn. This is the color 'Snickerdoodle' which just happens to be one of my favorite cookies.


This is Sparky. He is my son's dog. He was a pound puppy (we got him from the county dog pound). He was listed as an Australian Shepherd mix that would weigh about 35 lbs when full grown. He now weighs over 100 lbs and has a build more like a German Shepherd. He has been a part of the family for several years, and because of age-related issues he has become mostly an inside dog. I was checking lights and door locks late one night and came across him with his teddy bear (we call it his 'woobie'). I quickly grabbed the camera and took this picture. He is a sensitive soul but I never would have thought he would be a woobie-toting dog.


My son is a potter. Last fall he became the youngest person to be accepted as a member of a local/regional organization called Clayfolk and to show his work at their annual show/sale. It was a dream come true for him. These are some of his practice pieces - tea bowls and a vase.

4 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mosaic sweater is going to be beautiful! I hope you find some colors that you like. Your dog is adorable!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 2/13/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

You know me, I vote for med purple and lt purple! I am a sucker for the purple.

 
At 2/14/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piping up as another sucker for purple! What a sweet dog and WOW the pottery! I guess creativity runs in the family - so beautiful.

Punkin, I know you've made Bombshell from BGK - did you do short rows? I understand you have to do them UPSIDE down? EEK! Was it scary?

 
At 2/23/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind but I wandered over to your blog from another blog. I LOVE the pottery. I love pottery art and your son is soooo talented. Thanks for sharing. I just can't stop popping back to peek at it LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home