2.21.2007

knitting books

Soaking it up while I can. After teaching class at the community college today, I stopped in at the library to find some books on knitting. Our libraries are closing in 2 months. They just recently built a brand new huge library, plus did a lot of remodeling at the other libraries in the county, and now they are closing them due to a cut in federal funds (they should have seen it coming, others did). I want the paperwork laid out, audited, shine a light in all the nooks and crannies, figure out where the problem is, make a plan, design a conservative budget that will work, and stick to it. I would be okay with the libraries closing for a while, but I feel bad for the employees and the people who depend on it. Experience tells me that throwing money on top of the problem won't really solve it, we need to get to the bottom of things. Done ranting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home