2.24.2007

Circle hat

I looked up the words 'beret' and 'tam' in the encyclopedia in order to know what to call my hat. The beret is usually felted wool, and pictures of the tam (tam o'shanter) were traditionally plaid. This needs more research but I am done for now. This is my circle hat. I worked until midnight last night, and then I parked on the sofa and knitted until I finished this at 2:30 a.m. I blocked it over a dinner plate.

This is a picture of the top side: (the colors are not really this bright)


Close up of the seed stitch head band and my hand.


I had high tea today with some friends and wore my new hat. I think I have finally found a hat that is comfortable to wear. I seem to have trouble with wool against my forehead but I can wear this style of hat further back on my head. It is a winner.

Pattern: made it up
Yarn: Manos, color 106
Needles: 7-1/2" dpns 5.5 mm.

ADDENDUM: I have decided that I like Mollyknits' suggestion and I am calling this my Tam O'Circle hat.

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Excellent hat! I think I would go with tam. How about tam 'o circle hat? :)

 
At 2/25/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Glad you like the suggestion. It is all the writing I do. I am good with titles. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home