3.18.2007

Felted mitten adventure stage 3


I have finished the needle felting and embroidery. For my next step, I was going to insert a zippered pocket into the palm of the left mitten (see the bright blue waste yarn coming around the left edge of the left mitten), but I have changed my mind. The fit of the mitten is so good that I do not want mess with it. I am going to pull out the waste yarn and weave that closed.

Then I get to take out the bright blue cotton waste yarn and pick up the stitches for the cuff. Yipee. It is going to start coming together.

4 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

The mittens look so cute with the flowers. you need to have someone take an action photo of them so we can see the fit. Or maybe use the timer on the camera. Will you use the needle felting again or just go with the dual yarn process of superwash and nonsuperwash wool?. Are those your flowers or were you insired by one you saw in a book?

 
At 3/19/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Now those are darn cute mittens! Very nice work.

 
At 3/22/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are SO artistic. just beautiful.

 
At 3/25/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK....I've seen 'em and "felt" 'em in person...and they are just beyond GORGEOUS! Stunning and fun at the same time. What you can't see in the pics is the wonderful detailing of the needle felting in the flowers---especially the sweet little french knots in the center of the large yellow flower near the wrist. I'd want to stare at my hands ALL DAY if I had these on. Nice work Punkin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home