3.14.2007

Hee hee, I am so excited about this tweed. Janette's Rare Yarns ran a weekend special on some of her Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran and I bought a bag of "Thorny" for an excellent price. It was difficult to determine the exact color of this yarn because sometimes the pictures were green and sometimes brown, but I knew that I would like it either way. Now I see why it was so hard to photograph. It is a forest green with dark brown overtones, but in some light it just looks brown. It is a lovely rich color - Rowan knows their color. I need sweaters, and so this will probably become a long-sleeve pullover sweater with a deep V neck. It has to wait until I get Mosaic sweater done, though.

4 Comments:

At 3/14/2007 , Blogger susan said...

I like Rowan yarns too. I've just got some silk wool by Rowan that is just lovely.

 
At 3/15/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

I can't wait to see the new sweater. Do you have a pattern picked out yet?

 
At 3/15/2007 , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Here from a comment you left on Susan's blog. I think that yarn will knit up into a very nice pullover!

 
At 3/17/2007 , Blogger Lynn said...

You know, I resisted Rowan yarns for years, because 20 years ago I didn't think much of their colorways, though Kaffe Fassett was crazy about them, and I had all his books [still do, all that I'm aware of]. But having seen them up close and personal, and having played extensively with Felted Tweed last fall, I now officially, totally "get it". Lovely yarn. Can't wait to see the FO.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home