9.23.2007

The mosaic has been de-sleeved. I thought I would adjust the shoulders a little to tweak the fit.


I tried it on and was disappointed to find that it is unflatteringly long. I had deferred to the opinions of others and lengthened it. This was a good lesson - now maybe I will have more confidence in my vision and design. I will probably finish the armholes and use it as a vest for around the house. (The wonky bit down the middle is where it will be cut to have a zipper sewn in). I am ready to finish this and move on to other projects.

I have been organizing the stack of magazines I bought last weekend at the garage sale, and today I found this .....


I have dreamed of having this magazine but thought it was a remote possibility. I did not know it was in the huge stack of Knitter's that I bought.

Now to work on Rogue, finish Mosaic, and fix my son's saddle-shoulder pullover. I also want to swatch the Bee Fields shawl and start a casual pullover for me using some KnitPicks Shine I bought last year that turned out to be an odd color.

Time to put down the magazines and start knitting.

5 Comments:

At 9/23/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Punkin---

Garage sales ROCK..dont' they??

 
At 9/24/2007 , Blogger susan said...

"Cut" = Steeks!!!!!!!!

No I've just not got the courage to do that!

I'd rather do a cardigan or jumper in the old fashioned way of all the pieces and seam them up rather than attack my knitting with sissors!

I know some sew round the steek areas with a sewing machine, I don't think my old machine would cope! I think it would have a bigger hissy fit than I would.

You are a brave lady.

 
At 9/24/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

That mosaic is beautiful! I'm so intimidated by steeks... What a gem you found at that garage sale! (I always find Knitpicks colors are not what they look like online...so I finally broke down and bought a color card. Much happier now.)

 
At 9/24/2007 , Blogger susan said...

Hi Punkin,

having browsed the Knitpicks site I've decided on what I want to order. It's 80 dollars worth of yarn and the stuff I want! That sounds horrendous, until you realise that it's about £45 with the exchange rate. Wow all that yarn for so little!
Yarn is so expensive here in the UK.
this is my email address, so if you get in touch we can swap details:

susan.sharpe at blueyonder.co.uk

Take out the spaces and swap the at for @.

And thank you sooo very much.

 
At 9/24/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Love the sweater, sorry about the disapointments. I am soooooo jealous of your yard sale find. I have wanted that issue too. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home