9.23.2008

The end is in sight.



Several ends - to weave in.

I can see that my cardigan knitting IQ has increased a little since my last one, which is a very good sign. For example, one of my pet peeves is to have the back of the collar ride up and show the seam. It is a problem I have with the red Rowan Yorkshire Tweed jacket I knit a couple of years ago. Now I know to put short rows in the back of the collar to make it longer/higher, and it fits so much better this way.

I tried the cardigan on and I think it is destined to become a favorite.

Next I will weave in the ends, give it a good soak and block it, and then find buttons. Wood or pewter are my first two thoughts on buttons, but I am open to inspiration. I don't want them to be a show piece but rather a compliment to the cardigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home