8.17.2008

Farmers' market organic produce. I am exploring new recipes since I will soon be cooking for just myself. I enjoy roasted vegetables. I cut up zucchini, yellow crook-neck squash, red onion, and purple, red, and white fingerling potatoes. It was so colorful that I had to take a picture. Then I sprinkled it with minced garlic, drizzled it with olive oil, and seasoned it generously with basil. I don't usually cook with salt, but I used a little to help bring out the flavors. I roasted it in the oven occasionally tossing the veggies until they were cooked but not mushy. The seasoning was not enough. I tried thyme the last time I roasted veggies, but it wasn't enough either. I am still learning. Any suggestions?

My son said I was starving him and that it needs meat and gravy. *sigh*

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

I love those little purple potatoes. You're just going to have to experiment with seasonings until you find what *you* like. You'll use more fresh herbs than you would dried ones, but the flavor is better. And potatoes are notorious for how much salt they require.

 
At 8/18/2008 , Blogger Stale Peeps said...

yum! Like you son, I'd like it served with a nice steak though :)

 
At 8/20/2008 , Blogger Yarnhog said...

More garlic. Fresh rosemary would also be good. I like to roast potatoes tossed in garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. Just toss it all together, dump into a roasting pan, and put it in the oven. I usually let people salt their own, since you can always add salt, but never remove it!

 
At 8/21/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

Cooking for two is really hard for me and cooking for one would be like filling the fridge with left overs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home