8.07.2008

Socks from my handspun yarn

Simple socks knit from my handspun yarn that I recently spun from fiber purchased from Capistrano Fiber Arts . The valley is full of smoke from the wildfires and the light is very orange, giving my socks an orange tint. Think shades of rose, pink, scarlet, soft yellow, and shades of green. I bought this particular fiber because the colors remind me of a rose garden.


My yarn is inconsistent ranging from light fingering to sport weight. I chose to knit these on a 3.0 mm needle (magic loop style).

That was fun. I want to do it again.

6 Comments:

At 8/08/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow brilliant, oh Fantastic!

I've not spun enough yarn to make anything yet, though I've got a mountain of BFL to spin and I should have enough yardage to knit from that!

That's another Etsy added to the list!

Oh have you heard of Golding Spindles?

 
At 8/08/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

They're gorgeous. They make me want to go out and harvest pumpkins and bake pies and bob for apples. Nicely done!

 
At 8/08/2008 , Blogger Stale Peeps said...

Oh, they are beautiful! We haven't made any socks yet from handspun, but you're inspiring me!

 
At 8/08/2008 , Blogger sgeddes said...

These socks came out great. It's addiciting isn't it?

I've never tried fiber from Capistrano. I'll have to add that to the list.

 
At 8/08/2008 , Blogger Charity said...

These are great! I can't imagine spinning enough to knit a pair of socks. :0)

 
At 5/22/2022 , Anonymous Seth Dean said...

Greeat post thank you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home