6.15.2008

Dyeing

I experimented with dyeing some yarn that I had ordered online and didn't care for once it arrived. This is Knit Picks Memories fingering weight merino in the Red Hat colorway that I bought on clearance several months ago.
I didn't care for the the light purple/blue (looks like white). I decided to alter it by dyeing it with Jacquard Dye "gunmetal". It muted the contrast nicely and the yarn still feels soft.
A chapter closes. My youngest graduated high school
Little brother and big sister.

6 Comments:

At 6/15/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

Congrats on the graduation of your son. The dyeing looks good, well anything purple is good for us.

 
At 6/16/2008 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Congratulations to your son. You are a very proud mama.

 
At 6/16/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn is gorgeous! Congrats to your son!

 
At 6/16/2008 , Blogger Bea said...

The yarn looks great! Congrats to you and your son!

 
At 7/04/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

You too? Waving "huzzah!" from my empty nest.

 
At 7/26/2008 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Nice overdying! Congrats on your son's graduation!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home