4.06.2008

with a yea and a nay and a Niddy Noddy-o

The rustic niddy noddy I ordered from Dragonfly Farm arrived this last week. It pleases me to have something that Alden Amos handcrafted. The wood is not turned, it is shaped with a spokeshave and a drawknife (hence "rustic"). It has my first 2-ply handspun yarn on it.



Look at the packing material that came in the box. Cotton!


Of course my first thought was, "I want to spin wool and cotton together!" Hmmmm. I will have to research that.

Knitting is progressing slowly. I am trying to stay focused on work right now. I dream about being able to relax and knit. Soon. Sometime soon.

3 Comments:

At 4/07/2008 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

That is the coolest niddy noddy I have ever seen!

 
At 4/08/2008 , Blogger mel said...

That is a great niddy-noddy, so handsome!

 
At 4/09/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Punkin, I love your niddy noddy and am so happy for you. When you wind the yarn on to it, what is the yardage of one compleat circuit? I've been looking at your ravelry site. Wow, I'm lonesome for my friends.
Colourdiva

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home