3.09.2008

WIP - top down jacket

Pattern: Weekend Neck Down Jacket by Knitting Pure & Simple
Yarn: Yorkshire Tweed Chunky

I am at the point of binding off the 1x1 rib at the bottom of the body. My research revealed the tubular cast-off to be the best for 1x1 rib, so I am exploring new territory.

After the set-up rows where I knit the knit stitches and slip the purls, I separate the stitches. Knits go on the needle in front and the purls on the back needle.

Now to graft the stitches using the Kitchener method.



It creates a nice finish without a tight line of bound-off stitches.


Next up, knit the sleeves. Then the collar and the button band.



Spinning. Gaining skill a little at a time. I am concentrating on handling the fiber and the wheel at the same time. Later, I will concentrate on the more technical aspects of spinning. This is the BFL that the generous Mr. and Mrs. T. sent with the wheel. I like BFL!

5 Comments:

At 3/09/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

Mrs Twisted used the same bind off for some socks and it worked out perfectly. The sweater looks pretty. I hope we get to see the finished object happily modeled in all it's tweedyness.

WOW! The spinning is amazing. You look like you have been spinning for years. Looks like all of your practice is paying off but I'm not surprised. :) I see you teaching spinning before too long.

 
At 3/10/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

I haven't tried that bind-off yet. Have been coveting me some Noro for Jared's scarf. That might be an excellent project to learn both the tubular cast-on and the tubular cast-off.

Sweater is looking good. Spinning is looking *amazing*. I think Jerry is right; you're a natural for this!

 
At 3/12/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who came up mostly-empty on Romi's blog.

 
At 3/13/2008 , Blogger Opal said...

You know I have yet to spin with BFL yet? I know I'm missing out on a great experience. I hope to rectify that matter soon!

I love the way your sweater is turning out. That yarn is beautiful!

 
At 3/18/2008 , Blogger Violiknit said...

That tubular bind-off looks so neat! I've got to muster up the courage to try it sometime! The spinning is looking amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home