2.29.2008

Swedish Sweaters

I came across this book on a knitter's blog (can't remember which one). It looked interesting but the book is out of print. Then the blogger mentioned that this book can still be found for a very reasonable price. In a moment of job stress and mounting pressures last week, I did my version of "when the times get tough the tough go shopping" and bought a used copy off Amazon for a little over $6.

"Swedish Sweaters" by Britt-Marie Christofferson, published in 1990.


The first part of the book fascinates me. It shows historical examples of the sweaters and charts out the stitch patterns....
and the last half of the book shows some contemporary designs, which I did not find as interesting. I value this book for the stitch patterns from the historical examples. A nice find that didn't break my budget.

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2008 , Blogger fluffbuff said...

I just got the same book. We may have read the same post by Knitbuddies. :)

 
At 3/13/2008 , Blogger Strikkelise said...

What a great buy! I didn't read that post, but now I've read yours. I may have to go to Amazon, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home