3.20.2008

Mac and Cheez contest

This is a really fun contest that relates to yarn. honest. The contest is being hosted by On The House. (it all started here)

The mac and cheese recipe we use here at Punkin's home:

I start with about 6 cups of cooked macaroni.

In a separate bowl, mix a small container of sour cream with 2 kinds of grated cheese. We like sharp cheddar and smoked fontina. I like it cheesey, so I put in about a cup of each. Add to this a teaspoon of dry mustard and a dash of white pepper. If the mixture is too thick you can add a splash of milk.

Butter the bottom and sides of a rectangular casserole dish. place a layer of macaroni noodles in the bottom and then add a layer of cheesey mixture on top of that. If I have wafer-thin sliced ham, I add strips of this as a 3rd layer. Alternate layers until all gone. I bake this in a convection oven for about 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees.

There will be some crunchy bits on top and some stringy cheesey parts down below. Very filling. We often have fun adding different cheese combinations.

2 Comments:

At 3/21/2008 , Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oh, that sounds delicious!

 
At 3/29/2008 , Blogger Opal said...

That sounds wonderful. I'm itching to try your recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home