3.19.2008

Helix stripes

AHA!! Eureka!! (or Yreka! if you leave just south of here).

I have been researching the jogless stripe for a while now. I tried a couple of techniques but often ended up with some warping of the fabric or loose stitches. I think helix stripes may be the answer to my jogless stripe hangup. Thank you Grumperina for an excellent post, and thank you to Montse Stanley who has jewels of information scattered in the pages of her book. I can see using this technique with some of my handspun sock yarn (yet to be spun), 2 hanks each dyed a different color. Ooooo, the possibilities.

4 Comments:

At 3/19/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

Can't wait to see the dyed yarn.

 
At 3/20/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you understood the stripes thing on Grumperina, I saw it yesterday and did not understand it at all, mind you I was tired.

waiting for the result

 
At 3/20/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please just submit your recipe on my site. Thanks for the comment and may the lucky one win on April 1st. janet

 
At 3/24/2008 , Blogger Lynn said...

I read that post, too [Grumperina's] and am planning to try that in a future pair of socks. It would be a perfect way to use up bits of yarn with minimal weaving-in of ends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home