9.17.2008

Now you know one of my deep dark secrets... I am button band challenged. Trying to pick up the correct amount of stitches makes me perspire. On my first attempt, I tried to pick up 2 stitches for every 3, and this time I was trying to pick up 3 stitches for every 4.

Too few stitches. This is beginning to sound a little bit like the three bears in the Goldilocks story.

I think this can be corrected somewhat with blocking. maybe. I won't rip it out yet. I like the way the buttonholes turned out - not too obvious and well spaced.

2 Comments:

At 9/18/2008 , Blogger Bea said...

I haven't tried a buttonband, but truthfully it sounds painful. I'm sure you are not alone.

 
At 9/18/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....we're in the SAME Club. Button-Band-Challenged....the BBC. I think I ripped Theodore's veest out 3x and Franklin's 2x....same pattern!

The GOOD news: you learn a little more every time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home