10.14.2007

Mid October WIPs

I got this far on Florenz and then a couple of weeks ago I hit a road block - I ran out of yarn at the toe....
The yarn shop is out of this color of Wildfoote and I can't bring myself to order a whole skein for just a little bit. I also can't bring myself to finish it in another color. So, I have been asking around hoping to find someone with leftovers of the color Mistletoe.

A couple of days ago I started this....
I am knitting the entrelac socks in the Holiday issue of Interweave. I knit a picot edge on the cuff instead of ribbing. I really like the looks of it, although I have been warned that it will not help the socks stay up. This is my first attempt at entrelac. I would like it better if the yarn was only blue and red - I think it is too busy for this pattern. I might rip this and try a different sock pattern. It was fun learning how to do entrelac in the round.

These socks have been my on-the-go project since last summer. Obviously, I have not gotten to 'go' very much, as I am still on the first sock....

This is EZ's seamless hybrid with saddle shoulders (shirt back variety). I finished this sweater last spring and then ripped it back past the shoulders to adjust the fit. I am back up to the neck now, but this time the neck is small and comes up high on his throat. I am not going to rip again, so I am trying to figure out another way to fix this. (I have the stitches on a stitch holder.)

My daughter's Rogue should have been done by now, but I am about half way on the hood. This is my project for my days off, but I have not been getting many of those.
The mosaic. I tried it on again and realized the length is not so bad but I did a poor job on the shaping. Maybe I can make this work.
And then I bought a ball of cotton and decided I needed a bag for the grocery store. I am to the part where I knit the top and the handle .....

I have been wanting to knit this shawl since last winter and I even have the yarn for it. I got frustrated about it and cast it on while typing reports.... (okay, maybe not while I was typing)
I am still in the same place with my gloves....


Obviously, I have blown a gasket in my self restraint.

5 Comments:

At 10/14/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a gasket!.......and every tire, too!......WHEW!

I don't know how you keep so many projects straight in your brain! They are ALL so beautiful. You're amazing.

 
At 10/14/2007 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Wow! So many beautiful WIP's! Sorry about your yarn running out. Unfortunately, I don't have any of that yarn, but I did find that color for sale pretty cheap ($2.75) here:
http://www.thesheepshedstudio.com/Brsheepsockyarns.html

 
At 10/14/2007 , Blogger Lynn said...

See, that will be me in a few weeks, merrily casting on new projects. At the moment, I'm polishing them off like fish in a barrel.

I hope you find just enough "toe" yarn to finish your sock. That would be so frustrating!

 
At 10/15/2007 , Blogger susan said...

Running out of yarn, terrible! I'm determined to finish that Thermal jumper before I do anything else.
Then it will be hubbys socks for Christmas.
And then I ought to do the second sock for Lynny, I loved the yarn colour, but it's very splitty, and I don't think I'll be using it again.

 
At 10/19/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Oh, you have been busy! Love the all the socks. I am considering the same enterlock pattern. I have a totally delicious hand dyed yarn call "American Patchwork" that would be lovely in that pattern.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home