12.12.2006

Tweedy jacket finished


(The picture is taken with a flash so the color is a deeper red than the picture shows)

Pattern: Simply Knit 2, Tuscana
Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Chunky Tweed in Flaming, 12 balls - approx 1200 yds
Needles: Size 13 Denise.
Modifications: A few. The color scheme is nothing like the pattern, which calls for wide stripes. Mine does not have quite as much ease - a little more tailored looking. I changed the applied edging to single crochet so the edging is not as prominent as in the pattern. I omitted the pockets on the front, again to give it more of a tailored silhouette.

I love the Yorkshire Tweed. Flaming is a deep red with bits of orange, charcoal gray, and bright red in it, which will make it fun to accessorize this jacket. This is going to be my 'car coat', my light weight winter jacket. It is cozy warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home