11.03.2006

Waistcoat


Pattern: Interweave Knits Spring 2005, Flowered Waistcoat - with modifications.
Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran in Wild Plum
Modifications: The obvious one is that I chose not to do the intarsia. The fabric itself has rectangles of reverse stockinet so I let this texture provide the visual interest and I think it shows off the tweed. Secondly, I knit the armhole seed stitch bands in the round for 6 rows and left them flat instead of making the rolled band look of the pattern. I did, however, follow the pattern for the rolled seed stitch neck band.

(...so should I put my hand here?...click)



A close up of the seed stitch neck band using the flash)

1 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The zipper looks wonderful1 Nice finishing work. Love the purple tweed, I have a soft spot for purple yarn anyway. Is is soft knit up or still the tweedy semi-scratchy feel? It's and over garment so I guess it's not that critical. Your work looks amazing as usual!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home