10.20.2006

Cherry Bomb (aka Green Tomato)


Pattern: Big Girl Knits, Cherry Bomb
Designed by: Joan McGowan-Michael
Yarn: Cascade 220, a heathered green

I did this top to practice shaping and garment construction. My brain disconnected between my guage swatch and when I started knitting, and I went down in my needle size instead of up (!!!!), but I was trying to make it a longer than the pattern and so it came out pretty close to pattern size. The shaping on the sides is also kind of wonky - like when you sew a dart too deep and end it too soon - so I just need to figure out how to do that better next time. All in all, it was a good introduction to shaping garments to fit me. The book 'Big Girl Knits' has wonderful information about shaping garments and I felt this in itself made the book worth buying.

4 Comments:

At 10/20/2006 , Blogger Just Me said...

I think it looks great. I haven't tried this yet but intend too once I finish one or two outstanding projects (like Sandy, which I've just bought the kureyon for!).

Came by via the Big Girl Knits list.

 
At 10/20/2006 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Looks great. I would LOVE to see it on you!

Fab work.

 
At 10/21/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous! The picture of you modeling it on Big Girl knits is very inspirational for us still working on the project.

 
At 10/23/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Punkin - Its wonderful! You did a great job and I'm getting inspired to start mine soon (after Mr. Twisted's flame sweater from Stitch n' Bitch Nation) Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home