9.17.2006

Continued adventures in felted clogs

-OR- playing with the caulk gun and some silicone.



After several failed attempts at finding leather soles for my felted clogs I went to the hardware store. Silicone = won't shrink or crack, permanently flexible, and waterproof. So we will see....
Now I can finally wear my felted clogs.

p.s. the strange configuration on the bottom is my attempt at putting on a second layer of silicone and making treads for traction.



p.p.s. feeling kinda caulky.....ha ha ha..ho..ho....heeee

4 Comments:

At 9/19/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never in a million years would have thought of that. I've bookmarked this for when I finally get around to knitting a pair. I wonder if it comes in different colors?

 
At 9/20/2006 , Blogger Jerry said...

It comes in cream and white and black and brown. If you mix a dye into it at it is cureing it can be dyed as well. It's like tinting though. There is also clear too so you can see the bottoms of your work through the soles. Almost like Candies Shoes from the 70's

 
At 10/03/2006 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Oh, silcon stinks, but what an interesting way to solve the problem. Hardware stores fix everthing, lol.

 
At 10/07/2006 , Blogger Micki said...

Wow...I'm so impessed with your ingenuity. Did you do this for safety or because you wanted to walk outside to get the morning paper :-) ???

How has it held up since you applied it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home