11.29.2009

The lap shawl is done and has been gifted. I think of this as the 'sand and surf' lap shawl. My friend is fond of warm beaches, and I hope this comforts her on cold winter mornings. The pattern is the Hap Blanket by Ysolda.

The BBC series Cranford is one of my favorites. Recently it was sharply discounted on Amazon, and so I gave myself a treat. Now I have the DVDs.....
It is a period drama. The cast is remarkable. The humor is delightful. The insight into the challenges of life in the 1800's is enlightening and at times heartbreaking. It left me wanting more.

While fishing around to see if there were any other period dramas similar in quality to Cranford, I came across Lark Rise to Candleford, another enjoyable BBC series. I don't feel it is on the same level as Cranford, but I like what I see of it.

Thanksgiving is my favorite of all the holidays. It is with joy that I reflect on the blessings that I and my family have been given. I celebrate like it is Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled into one. It has also for the most part escaped the flash and glare of consumerism - that starts the day after. Fortunately, Thanksgiving Day itself is left intact.

I wish everyone peace and joy this holiday season.

2 Comments:

At 11/29/2009 , Blogger Judy S. said...

What a pretty blanket! I don't think I'd ever have the patience to make such a large project, so kudos to you! I'll bet the recipient loves it!

 
At 12/02/2009 , Blogger Violiknit said...

Gorgeous blanket! Also, thanks for all your kind messages! I'm slowly getting back into this blogging thing but I feel it will be slow going for a bit :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home