10.23.2009

A lovely friend brought pumpkin presents yesterday. These are Harry and David pumpkin spice maltballs. Each one is coated with a rich, creamy coating that lasts a long time in your mouth before you get down to the maltball center. Yummy!

Harry and David's original store is in this area. When I was a child, they had a reject stand where they sold their blemished fruit. The quality standards on their fruit baskets were very high, and oftentimes a small bruise was enough to send fruit to the reject stand. We used to be able to get wonderful bargains on boxes of apples and pears. That is long gone now. It is no longer locally owned and is much more commercial and tourist-driven. The good thing is they provide a lot of jobs, especially around the holidays.

2 Comments:

At 10/27/2009 , Blogger fleegle said...

Gee, even I remember them from childhood.

You are welcome to read my post out loud, because I gave you permission to do so in the post itself. But probably best to mumble...and no humming either.

 
At 11/02/2009 , Blogger Judy S. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I enjoyed yours....those are amazing gloves that you're knitting. Plain gloves would intimidate me but these....WOW!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home