12.14.2008

A little egg of yarn. Enough for one sock. Filled with potential and ready to 'hatch'.

I took time off work today to catch up. I planned to paint the dining room, box up more 'stuff' for donation, finish the sleeves to my cardigan, and finish (or at least start) knitting gifts. The day evolved much differently but it was delightful. I celebrated a dear friend's 80th birthday by going out to dinner with her and her friends and family. She has become frail but her mind is sharp and quick. She is so dear to me. I want to turn back the clock.

I at least started one of the gifts.
This is the first dishcloth I have ever knit, and my first time using kitchen cotton (even though it has been in my stash for a few years). I can see how this becomes addictive. I once read a review of cotton yarn written by a scientist on her knitting blog. She tested each brand of cotton and then scientifically determined which one was most stain resistant and therefore best for dishcloths and towels. I think it was this one, Peaches & Cream. I should try to find that blog again.

2 Comments:

At 12/15/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice dishcloth - I like making them occasionally because they are so fast. Love the yarn egg!

 
At 12/15/2008 , Blogger Charity said...

That's a pretty dishcloth - I haven't tried a pattern like that yet. :o) Nice Egg!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home