11.30.2008

While using this yarn, I imagined old gold necklaces, small tarnished silver boxes holding pins, and pewter mugs. There are hints of green barely discernible which add to the whole effect.

No sun today, so the colors are muted.

Garter stitch cuff. Chevron stitch on the leg.
Eye of partridge heel flap.

Purl ribs run down the instep and then dissipate into the toe.

An inside picture using flash. The colors in this picture are a warmer than the actual colorway. The color is somewhere in between the inside and outside pictures. I like the way the chevron stitch moves the colors.

DETAILS
YARN: Fleece Artist Sea Wool, Bronze colorway.
PATTERN: My own. I swatched 4 different patterns with this yarn, finally decided I was done playing with the yarn, and made this up as I went along. Once I finished these, I noticed there is a sock pattern on the yarn band that is surprisingly similar to my final pattern. Too funny.
NEEDLES: 2.5 mm circular, magic loop method.

4 Comments:

At 11/30/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks - love the pattern!

 
At 11/30/2008 , Blogger Bea said...

Pretty!

 
At 11/30/2008 , Blogger Chelsea the Yarngeek said...

Those turned out beautifully! I bet they're a pleasure to wear.

 
At 12/01/2008 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

beautiful socks. I need to knit gold socks now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home